Dress Code: All children in grades K-8 are expected to report to school clean and neatly dressed in Holy Spirit School Uniform.
- Maroon knit short or long sleeve shirts
- Maroon turtle neck shirts (optional) can be worn from November until April 15th
- Gray uniform trousers
- Gray uniform shorts (optional) can be worn September & October and from April 16th through June.
- Uniform shoes purchased from Co-Ed Uniform Co. Sneakers are not permitted except on gym day.
Boys should keep their hair length no longer than 1 inch from the top of the shirt collar. Pony tails are not permitted. Boys may not wear earrings to school.
- Plaid belted tunic is worn in grades K-3.
- Plaid wrap around kilt is worn in grades 4-8.
- White short or long sleeve Peter Pan collar blouses or Maroon knit short or long sleeve shirts may be worn.
- Maroon turtle neck shirt (optional) can be worn from November 1st through April 15th.
- Uniform trousers (optional) may be worn from November 1st through April 15th.
- Uniform skort and/or uniform shorts (optional) may be worn September & October and from April 16th through June.
- Socks may be maroon, gray or white. Tights may be maroon or gray.
- Girls may not wear make-up, dangling earnings or “noisy” bracelets. Only clear nail polish is permitted.
- Hair ornaments must be simple and in school colors.
- Uniform shoes purchased from Richards Shoes. Sneakers are not permitted except on gym day.
Our official uniform suppliers are
Girls: Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company- Pacific Pavilion Shopping Center,
329 Rt. 46 East, Parsippany, NJ 973-882-0833
Boys: Co-Ed Uniform Company 100 Broadway Rt. 4, Elmwood Park, NJ
Girls Shoes: Richards Shoe Store, 1055 Hamburg TurnpikeWayne, NJ 973-696-2131
School sweaters are to be purchased from the uniform company. Holy Spirit School sweat shirts are to be purchased from the school, however, they are not acceptable as a uniform sweater.
Physical Education classes will begin the 2nd full week of school. On Gym Day children should wear their gym clothes which consist of:
- Gray School T-Shirts or Performing Arts T-Shirts
- Gray School Gym Pants or Maroon Flannel School Pants
- Maroon School Gym Shorts from Sept. till Nov. 15 and from April 15th till the end of school.
- Gray School Sweatshirts
The first noncompliance with the uniform policy will result in a written warning being sent home to be signed by the parent and returned to school. The second noncompliance will result in the student being sent to the office, the parent will be called and the student will be sent home. Boy’s shorts and pants will be checked for the Co-Ed label. Please speak with Sr. Marie directly if you have any questions or problems with the uniform policy.